Welcome to Riverbend, the 18th home in the Overmoon collection! Tucked within a magical canopy of trees in Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains, this spacious but cozy three-story cabin is a short drive from the country’s most popular national park and countless other year-round activities and attractions. With 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and room for 16, it’s an adventure waiting to happen for a fun travel group looking to experience one of America’s true treasures.
Our 5 favorite things about this house:
1. It’s close to everything, but away from it all. At Riverbend, you’re near all the touristy goodness in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg (10 minutes and 30 minutes by car, respectively). But when you’ve had your fill of the food, fun and art, you get to happily retreat to your cabin on the so-called “peaceful side of the Smokies.” You’re also just 20 minutes from Dollywood and a half-hour from one of the quietest gates of Great Smoky Mountains National Park – a total best-of-both-worlds situation.
2. The epic backyard hangs. There’s certainly no shortage of cool stuff inside this house, but if you’re choosing this property amid all the surrounding nature, sitting around the backyard fire pit under an overhead canopy of trees and stars is going to be a must-do every single night of your trip.
3. The deck hot tub. Doused the fire for the night but not quite ready to go to bed? Pour one last cocktail and dip into the cedar-style hot tub – tucked into its own nook on the back deck – to soak away the last of the day while soaking in the crisp night air.
4. The game room. The scenario: You’re back from the day’s adventures with an hour until you have to start thinking about dinner. The solution: Head to this wood-paneled hideaway with a few fellow collaborators, put a game (any game) on the flatscreen, crank some tunes and strike up some team 8-ball until your stomach starts to growl.
5. The togetherness of the space. Walk through the front door and you enter a great room right out of a mountain lodge, with a stone fireplace, overstuffed leather furniture and wood plank walls. Coupled with a modern kitchen, a bartop with stools, and an 8-person dining table, it’s a living area made for group travel.
Other Things To Note
If you’ve never stayed at an Overmoon before, this is your chance to experience our vision for reliably awesome vacation rentals:
- Designer homes built with comfort in mind. Every Overmoon is designed to be playful, comfortable and family-friendly. That means sofas and chairs you’re happy to sink into for hours, beds that will make you rethink your mattress at home, and a hundred other carefully considered details that make each space feel great.
- Ample amenities throughout the home. Our kitchens are always stocked with plenty of dishes, glassware and cooking utensils. Our bathrooms have tons of super-soft towels and our favorite soaps and shampoos. And our laundry rooms come with detergent and other cleaning supplies should you need them. Of course, we’ll have toilet paper, paper towels and coffee there before you arrive.
- Warm, personal hospitality. Each Overmoon comes with a local host who is there to support you before, during and after your stay. They’ll call before you come to make any special arrangements, and can solve any issues if you need help mid- or post-stay.
- A la carte services. We know the area really well, including the best private chefs, family photographers, massage therapists, and more. Just tell us what your group wants to do, and we’ll help make it happen.
- Does this home have a crib, high chair, or other baby/toddler gear? Yes! We have a pack 'n play, high chair, step stool, books, toys, dishware and more – all included, free of charge.
- Is there an additional cost for pets? Yes, you're welcome to bring up to 2 dogs for an additional fee of $250.
- Does Overmoon have a minimum age requirement? Yes, you have to be at least 21 years old to rent this property.
- Does Overmoon have a guest agreement I need to sign? Yes, when you book this property, you’ll be asked to sign a guest agreement.